A handful of weeks ago a secretary telephoned me in absolute desperation. She was desperately browsing for accommodation in central London for some VIPs from abroad. She stumbled onto my website, not really understanding what the service was about. I consider the words ‘free service’, ‘apartments’ just helped her to figure out that Quality London Apartments had something to do with accommodation. Apologies for my extended opening, but it is a prime example of how small travelers in the UK and Europe know about the serviced apartment industry. Right after explaining the concept of serviced apartments and assisting her discover an apartment, I realized that I needed to share this information further afield. Thus, this article is my contribution to open up this elusive business and provide tips to travelers.
What is a serviced apartment?
A serviced apartment is a flat in a block, which has a separate bedroom, sitting area/lounge, totally equipped kitchen, your personal private keys to own door. Serviced apartments can be in the type of a studio flat (all in a single area with a kitchenette), a single, two or 3 bedrooms.
All apartments appreciate maid service, utilities and a management group to help.just like a hotel. Guests only pay for a nightly rate and can reside in a flat with every thing they would have in their own residence.
Pros: Serviced London Apartment vs Hotels
A lot more worth for cash and less expensive. Get supplementary info on this affiliated URL by browsing to buy here. In a hotel, no matter which star rating, you pay per night for one particular room which will have a Television, bathroom, sofa and a bed. This is related to a studio apartment! In an apartment there is a separate bedroom, kitchen, sitting area, bathroom and dining table (exception is studio)
Pay per apartment and not per particular person. An instance would be paying 250 per evening for a two bedroom apartment, which could accommodate up to four men and women, that operates out at 62.50 per particular person.
Freedom and privacy. An apartment is like becoming in your own residence and there is lots of space. You have your own keys to your personal door.
Booking is easy, just like hotels. The majority of apartments call for a credit card to assure, pre-payment before you arrive and that’s it. No deposits, no tenants’ contracts.
Cons: Serviced London Apartment vs Hotels
Apartments lacks the buzz and services of a hotel such as restaurants and Room Service. Albeit some apartments are owned by hotels and offer you you the use of their restaurants and other services.
No 24-hour service about the clock. For fresh information, consider checking out: follow us on twitter. The apartments are ran by a small group who function Monday to Friday 9:00am six:00pm, so you are on your own in the course of the weekend. There are emergency numbers to get in touch with need to you endure an electric cut, but no 24-hours hotel Duty Manager to run to your space.
No pool, massages, saunas like hotels
What to look out for when booking a serviced London apartment?
1. High quality of the apartment make sure you discover out if they are clean, nicely furnished and nicely maintained. How? Check the photos, and ask if you can book an appointment to view the apartment. This is extremely crucial if you are staying more than a extended period of time.
2. Do they have a friendly and efficient management team? If you want the comfort of a welcoming face to greet you on arrival, then ask for an apartment with a reception. Some apartments give key boxes, so you can arrive any time, but there is no-one particular to meet you. A friendly and tiny group will be capable to give you a very personal touch.
3. Opening time of the apartments workplace doesn’t sound essential? Properly it is since the majority of apartments’ operations group open Monday to Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm. If you arrive at your apartment throughout office open hours, then fine, but any other time and weekends will mean that you will need to choose up the keys from a different place.
4. Crucial delivery by auto at the airport? If you are flying from abroad to London, and do not fancy traipsing throughout London at night to pick up keys, the majority of apartments will employ a taxi to provide your keys to the airport upon your arrival. Convenient for a modest charge.
5. Payment process and cancellation policy each apartment differ in their guest terms and situations. All will accept a credit card as a guarantee of reservation, some will ask for one hundred% pre-payment at least 7 days prior to arrival and cancellation can variety from 12:00pm on the day of arrival to 28 days. So, prior to you confirm the reservation, be extremely clear about the terms and circumstances. Ask your apartment agents to clarify the process to you and read the terms and conditions on your confirmation emails. It will save you a great deal of trouble and headache later.
6. Apartments are often allocated on arrival. This policy is the very same as any hotel, so unless you are a normal guest to a certain apartment, apartments are on allocations. In the identical breath, some apartments only have a modest quantity of flats, so if you are reserving the only 3 bedrooms penthouse in their collection, then you are assured that specific apartment.
7. Rates grow to be more competitive the longer you stay. In this, we imply you have more bargaining power if you are staying for one month or longer. This is when your apartment agent can really assist you by negotiating with a variety of apartments to get you the ideal deal.
eight. Utilizing an apartment agent will also save you time looking, but most importantly they will perform with your budget and negotiate a excellent deal for you. Of course, you also need to be realistic about what you can book, never expect to invest 80 per night for a luxury apartment. For instance, one particular of our clientele had 300 spending budget per night for a two bedroom apartment and he wanted something luxury. For these readers who know London nicely, also understands that this price range is in fact quite little. Regardless of that, we booked him and 3 close friends into the Victoria Park Plaza luxury apartment (150 per evening significantly less than the usual price tag) for 300 per evening with free breakfast, health club and access to the executive lounge. Any apartment agent worth their salt can and will move mountains to support you.
What if I never like the apartment when I get there?
If you truly feel that you have been hard done by, tell the apartment management team and ask to be moved to an additional apartment. All of the apartments that we work with are really consumer focussed and attempt to assist guests appreciate their keep. If this does not operate, speak to your apartment agent, if that is how you booked. Very best tips although, is to ask all the right concerns ahead of you book an apartment.
Your appetite for apartments is now whetted how do you uncover London apartments?
1. As already explained, you can decide on a free of charge search and book service of an apartment agent or go direct to a particular apartment that you know. Both methods are definitely fine, dependent of your understanding of London apartments. Using an agent will mean that they will search far across their portfolio and present you with a assortment of choicesall inside 10-15 minutes. Click here serviced apartments in hemel hempstead hertfordshire to check up when to do this belief. Agents are impartial and will only (excellent agents anyway) advise the quality apartments for your needs.
2. You can use search engines like Google, Yahoo and MSN to find apartments. Type in key phrases like ‘London serviced apartments’ or ‘quality London apartments’ and so on.
three. Stating the obvious but, ask for a recommendation from close friends and acquaintances.
4. Check on Tripadvisor and other client overview web sites.
If you have study this far, then thank you for your time. I have tried to make this article clear and as beneficial as achievable, but I welcome your comments and any further data that you really feel is really essential..